Monday, October 24, 2011

Here Goes Nothing

Here I am! If you're here, then you probably know me. You also probably know that I should be going to Spain soon. This is why I've started Murry's Travels. I can't imagine going five months without sharing what's going on in my life and having some kind of connection with everyone in the States.



In case you don't know me, and just randomly came across Murry's Travels (I hesitate to say "stumbled upon"...) here's a little bit about me.
My name is Philip Murry, and I'm from Arkansas. This doesn't mean I'm some backwoods hillbilly; some of us are fairly sophisticated. I'm 19 years old, and I'm trying to broaden my horizons. Thus, the studying in Spain. I'm a business student at the University of Arkansas, and I'll be taking more business classes in Spain at the Universidad de Carlos III de Madrid (also known as UC3M). 
Anywho, I'm sure you'll learn more about me as time goes on. I'm going to try my best to blog regularly, about whatever strikes my fancy. I'm hoping there will be lots of pictures, lots of challenges, and lots of awesome experiences. 

Before I head across the pond (Does that phrase still apply if you're not going to the UK? Oh well, you know what I mean.), I would love for you to share some travel tips you have! If you've ever been to Madrid and have a must-see/must-do activity, let me know. Or, if you just love to travel and have a great generic tip for finding great restaurants, great deals, etc., feel free to share.

Until next time!
--Philip

P.S. I'm just going to go ahead and throw this out there. Some Spanish might sneak its way into a few posts. I'll do my best to keep it a minimum, and it will (most likely) be translated. Let's hope I don't forget English while I'm over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment