Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reality Sinks In....


It's happening! I've bought my plane ticket, and all I have to do is find a place to live. (Simple enough, right? I mean, how could it be hard finding a place to live in a different country...) Then I'm officially off to Spain!

Even though I'm really excited for this opportunity, it's something that's pretty bittersweet. Because there are so many things here that I'm going to miss. For starters, my friends (and family, of course. Love you, Mom!). I've gotten so close to so many
people here, and I hate to leave them. I really feel like I've got a second family here at UA, so I'm going to miss everyone! Sadly enough, I'm probably going to miss AUTHENTIC Tex-Mex food just as much as my friends--seriously. I have cheese dip at least once a week.

Ummm.... Yes, please.


Now here's a major problem: The metric system. I honestly have no idea how long a kilometer is. Or a kilogram (See? Not a drug dealer.). So let's hope I don't set off on a "short day trip" and drive for seven hours before getting there. But I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

On the plus side, BOOKS ARE SUPER CHEAP!!!!!!!!!! According to my program budget, the cost of books is like $100. No, I didn't forget a zero. They cost one hundred dollars. For fifteen hours of classes. It cost me 6 times that this semester! So that's a definite plus.


All in all, I feel so blessed that I've been given this opportunity, and I'm ready to start this crazy journey.

1 comment: